5 Books To Read If You LOVED The First Chapter Of The Color of Music And Can’t Wait For More.
- A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L’Engle is the story of the adventures in space and time of Meg, Charles Wallace, and Calvin O'Keefe (athlete, student, and one of the most popular boys in high school). They are in search of Meg's father, a scientist who disappeared while engaged in secret work for the government on the tesseract problem.
Find A Wrinkle In Time Here
- Somewhere Around The Corner by Jackie French. While participating in a political demonstration, a young Australian girl finds herself transported back in time to a homeless camp during the Depression where she discovers that the actions of one person can make a difference.
Find Somewhere Around The Corner Here
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. Jude was seven when her parents were murdered and she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie. Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, despite her mortality. But many of the fey despise humans. Especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King. To win a place at the Court, she must defy him–and face the consequences.
Find The Cruel Prince Here
- Eragon by Christopher Paolini. When Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy; perhaps it will buy his family meat for the winter. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon soon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself.
Find Eragon Here
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi. Zélie Adebola remembers when the soil of Orïsha hummed with magic. Burners ignited flames, Tiders beckoned waves, and Zélie’s Reaper mother summoned forth souls. But everything changed the night magic disappeared. Under the orders of a ruthless king, maji were killed, leaving Zélie without a mother and her people without hope.
Find Children of Blood and Bone Here